Monday, June 10, 2013

Just breathe......


Breathe. A small phrase gently shared from a Yoga teacher. The same phrase very enthusiastically shouted from a Jazzercise™ instructor.  An action encouraged from a Meditation presenter.  I can even recall a movie scene where the actress Drew Barrymore, chants to herself…..”Just breathe.” How can one simple action bring about  calm, clarity and sometimes rejuvenation? Could it be something as simple as the exchange of oxygen? I don’t know, but if I don’t focus on the metabolic and physiological components of breathing, I could grab around the simple fact that when I breathe, much needed oxygen is brought into my body and used accordingly.
Simply put, breath equals life.

So where am I going with the topic of breathing? Well, long story short, I’ve been a little challenged lately to do just that. For me, it’s been a season of exciting changes and activity some of which have lead to shorter, shallower breathing instead of deeper, more cleansing breath cycles. This simple action has caused me to look inward and then outward. And guess what? I was reminded how much I take breathing for granted. Even more so, breathing clean unpolluted oxygen.

I am very fortunate to live in a community that takes the quality of air very seriously. What about you? Do you live in an area that fosters forestry and plant growth to help create and replace oxygen? Are your community factory emissions monitored? If not, I challenge you to begin talking to your community representatives. Ask questions. Seek to help foster sustainable air quality where you live.

Now, what about your work place? Is there proper ventilation near your dental sterilizing equipment? Look around. Ask around. What about your personal operatories. Are you satisfied with the air quality or could you benefit from a small portable HEPA Filtration System™? What about other co-workers in your building? Are they challenged with the quality of air flow that could easily be corrected? Remember, we’re in this together. Each and every member of you dental team, patients included, are deserving of clean, sustainable air circulation.
Simply put….we all deserve to “just breathe.”
 
Sending a smile,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment